Welcome to the North Andover Garden Club’s website! Our mission is to encourage an interest and active participation in civic beautification, horticulture, flower arranging and conservation in North Andover, Massachusetts.
The North Andover Garden Club was organized in 1920 and federated in 1927, making it one of the oldest federated garden clubs in Massachusetts.
Meetings are held September through June, usually on the second Tuesday of the month at varying times and locations. Please click on the Calendar of Events section to view our current list of programs open to the public.
If you are interested in joining the North Andover Garden Club, please click on the Membership Information section.
The North Andover Garden Club is a non-profit organization whose members are actively involved in a wide variety of club activities and projects in North Andover. (Please click on the Committees section to see a description of all of our committees.) Some of these activities include:
- Rejuvenate and maintain the landscaping of the Stevens Memorial Library
- Decorate and distribute holiday wreaths for the public buildings in town
- Assist in the spring clean-up of Memorial Park
- Hold our annual plant sale of members’ perennials and annuals
We hold hands-on workshops at local assisted living facilities, where our members work with residents to make beautiful creations they can enjoy in their own rooms.
Horticulture and Flower Arranging
- Each year, the club features several guest speaker programs. Topics range from flower arranging to perennial garden design to cooking with herbs.
- Hands-on workshops are also held throughout the year demonstrating skills such as pruning, container plantings, floral centerpieces and much more.
- Members provide a floral or plant arrangement each week for the Stevens Memorial Library’s main desk.
Parson Barnard House Gardens
- This committee plants and maintains the herb and dye gardens at this historic property